Welcome to Reducing Parent Stress Through Effective Parent Training! During this course you will learn what the research says about ABA parent training and parent stress. Learn techniques to support the families you work with and reduce their stress.
The main course content is divided into 3 lessons that will take approximately 20 minutes to complete making it easy to fit into your busy schedule. You don’t need to complete all the lessons at the same time or even on the same day. You must pass each of the quizzes to complete the lessons and earn 1 Learning Type CEU.
The final lesson in the course if full of valuable resources and includes references to the articles reviewed during the course.
Reach out by email with any questions or concerns:
Decades of research support the use of goal setting to improve task performance and success, even in areas that are unrelated to the goals written. Creating a habit of writing down your goals, even small ones, can lead to big changes in your life. It’s these little shifts that, when layered over time can have significant impact.
That’s why we’re giving you an opportunity to set goals for each course you take. Think about what you want to learn from the course, then at the end come back and reflect on whether you’ve achieved the goal. And if you didn’t reach your goal because of something missing in the course, be sure to let us know in the survey or vial email at email@example.com!
|wdt_ID||Course Name||Goal||Did you achieve your goal?||Notes||userid|
Upon completion of this course, the learner will:
- Identify the main sources of parent stress
- Describe how the PIC/NIC analysis of reinforcer effectiveness applies to parent training
- Describe the main reasons parents fail to follow through with BCBA recommended interventions
- List the 4-steps for effective parent training
- Find training and support for developing professional relationship skills
- Access tools for assessing parent stress and parent use of ABA strategies
- Create or choose a curriculum for parent training
Earn 1 Learning CEU
Understanding and Addressing Parent Stress
Conclusion and Resources
*The BACB does not warrant, endorse, sponsor, approve, or partner with the event, organization or instructor.