Imposter Syndrome – feeling like a phony, or as if you don’t deserve your success – is common for many professionals. If you search for phrases such as “feeling like a fraud” you’ll no doubt come across the term “Imposter Syndrome.” You may have even searched for the expression yourself and found advice for overcoming this feeling.
Posts on Quora and Reddit where BCBAs talk about feeling inadequate and overwhelmed almost unfailingly lead to other BCBAs commiserating that we all feel this way, especially in the beginning.
However, as a BCBA, the Behavior Analytic Certification Board has strict requirements about working inside your scope of competence. It’s critical you understand the difference so you know the best course of action.
This course will answer the following questions:
- How can you determine your Scope of Competence?
- What is Imposter Syndrome really?
- How do you know whether you’re experiencing Imposter Syndrome or you’re outside your Scope of Competence?
- How can you overcome Imposter Syndrome?
- How can you increase your Scope of Competence?